But just because it was not unexpected, doesn’t mean it was any easier it witness.
Taking a small-picture view of the game, the numbers show that the game was even uglier that it looked on our TV screen. According to ESPN Stats & Information:
- The Browns failed to gain more than 1 yard on 65 percent of their plays (48 of 74).
- The Browns were just four-of-20 on third down. Those 16 missed conversions? Only the most in the NFL this season.
- The Browns allowed 185 rushing yards to Jacksonville, the worst rushing team in the league entering the game. Denard Robinson, a converted quarterback, had 127 of those yards.
- The Browns averaged just 2.3 yards per carry, bringing back memories of 2013.
- Quarterback Brian Hoyer had his worst game as a Brown, finishing just 16-of-41 with an interception, three sacks, a lost fumble and a quarterback rating of 46.3.
Had enough? We know we have.